For over 5 years, Lupin has made strategic investments towards strengthening its ADDS capabilities. In FY 2011, Lupin and Salix expanded the in-licensing agreement to cover other geographies. The two companies will collaborate in the development and commercialization of an extended release product that would incorporate Rifaximin with Lupin's proprietary bioadhesive technology. Lupin and Salix have also entered into an exclusive agreement for supply of Rifaximin Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API). The Company now has a host of drug delivery platforms that have already been developed.
- Bioadhesive/Gastroretentive Extended Release
- Laser-Drilled Extended Release
- Matrix/Coated Extended Release
- Taste Masking Technologies
- Improved Bioavailability through Solubilization and Nano-particle technology
The Company, as a part of its strategy, would continue to aim at licensing out its ADDS products to strategic partners while also work on developing niche brands for itself.